Perham Odyssey

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Car 54, where….. oh, there you are.

Remember the new car that we purchased in Austin last month? When we bought it, we had the option of getting a built in GPS navigation system. Unfortunately, that option is a little on the pricy side so we elected to not get it. However, in the month since, there have been several situations wherein a GPS unit would have been rather handy. And although paper maps are ok for getting you to a general area, if you know a specific address, a GPS system can take you right to the front door. Well, I got to nosing around on the internet last week and found that there are some pretty nifty GPS units available these days that can be used in cars and cost a whoooooole lot less of the long green. So off I went to the local electronic candy store to give them a look-see. After playing with several, I finally chose a Garmin Street Pilot c330. It’s not the most super whiz bang model available but I can do my own scrambling of eggs for breakfast, thankyouverymuch,... I don’t need a GPS unit that can do it for me. And, it’s EXTREMELY easy to use… another asset, considering who’ll be using it. So, hopefully you won’t be reading anymore stories here about that guy with the knit hat and red and white striped shirt whose name occasionally gets changed from Waldo to Jim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home