Perham Odyssey

Friday, September 02, 2005

Quick update


I normally write these blogs at night after we've been out running around playing tourist during the day. However, since my last posting, the events in Louisiana and Mississippi have kept me glued to the TV each evening. It just seems impossible to pull myself away from the tube to writing anything about what we've been up to. I will take a quick break now though to give you a brief general rundown.

We spent a couple more days in the Philadelphia and Valley Forge area and then moved over to Harrisburg to visit the National Civil War Museum and the Hershey chocolate factory. We then went to Gettysburg for two days to tour the Civil War battlefield. Now we're in Pittsburgh for two days.

I'm making no attempt at writing anything funny in this blog. Scenes coming from the TV don't engender much humor in me.

After this blog there won't be any pictures for a while. My new camera developed a problem so after Gettysburg, I sent it off to the factory to be fixed. That means that I've had to resort to using a film camera to record our activities. That, in turn, means that I can't post any pictures until I use up the film in the camera and then have it developed, the pictures transferred onto a CD and then download them onto my computer. So although I'll continue to write blogs, the pictures will lag behind by some amount of time.

That's it for now. Let's pray for the people in the path of Katrina. Pictures in the gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home