Perham Odyssey

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Movin’ on

Well, time and wandering Gypsies move on and we have left southern California. For three weeks we were wined and dined by friends and relatives, poked and prodded by doctors and had any spare change squeezed out of our wallets by a visit to our CPA for the annual blood letting of taxes. We’ve moved up to northern California and are currently holed up in Joan and Phil’s house in Castro Valley, a few miles east of Oakland. We will be here until at least the end of February since I don’t want to be on the road during the Winter Olympics. They only happen once every four years and I don’t want to run the risk of winding up in motels where the only thing I can get on the TV is Gilligan’s Island reruns and the golf channel.

In the meantime, we’ll check out this part of the state during the daytime as well as we can given my desire to be back at the house by sundown to make sure I don’t miss any down hill skiing, bobsled heats or curling competitions during the evenings. I hear tell that there is a town west of here.... San Fran something-or-other.... that has some interesting things to see and do. Margaret’s brother Dave and wife Nyla also live over yonder a few miles so we’ll no doubt have a visit or two with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home